- SKU: 21056155
- Release Date: 05/14/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Making of Leonie
- Interview with the director (In Japanese)
- Isamu Noguchi
Emily Mortimer stars in director Hisako Matsui's lavish period drama centering on the life story of Leonie Gilmour, an early 20th century literary editor whose troubled romance with celebrated Japanese poet Yone Noguchi resulted in the birth of famed artist Isamu Noguchi. A graduate of Philadelphia's Bryn Mawr College, Leonie (Mortimer) puts her dreams of becoming an editor aside when she accepts a job teaching at an all-girl's high school. When Leonie becomes an editor for dynamic Japanese poet Yone, their professional relationship quickly gives way to passion, and an unplanned pregnancy. Upon learning he will soon become a father, Yone hastily returns home to Japan. Fearing that their child will endure racial discrimination in America, Leonie, too, moves to Japan. There, despite a distinct lack of professional opportunities, the single mother raises a child who would grow into one of the great Japanese artists of his time. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Emily Mortimer - Leonie Gilmour
- Christina Hendricks - Catherine
- Mary Kay Place - Albiana, Leonie's Mother
- Jan Milligan - Isamu Noguchi
- Saburou Teshigawara - Isamu Noguchi (older)