Les Blank: Always for Pleasure [Criterion Collection] [5 Discs] [DVD]
- New 2K digital restorations of all fourteen films: The Blues Accordin' to Lightnin' Hopkins (1968); God Respects Us When We Work, But Loves Us When We Dance (1968); Spend It All (1971); A Well Spent Life (1971); Dry Wood (1973); Hot Pepper (1973); Always For Pleasure (1978); Garlic is as Good as Ten Mothers (1980); Sprout Wings and Fly (1983); In Heaven There Is No Beer? (1984); Gap-Toothed Women (1987); Yum, Yum, Yum! A Taste of Cajun and Creole Cooking (1990); The Maestro: King of the Cowboy Artists (1994); and Sworn to the Drum: A Tribute to Francisco Aguabella (1995)
- Excerpt from Les Blank: A Quiet Revelation, a film project by Harrod Blank and Gina Leibrecht
- New interviews with Blank's sons, Harrod and Beau; Blank documentary subject Gerald Gaxiola (a.k.a. the Maestro); Blank's friends and collaborators Skip Gerson, Maureen Gosling, Taylor Hackford, Werner Herzog, Susan Kell, Tom Luddy, David Silberberg, and Chris Simon; and chef and author Alice Waters
- Related shorts by Blank: The Sun's Gonna Shine (1968), Julie: Old Time Tales of the Blue Ridge (1991), My Old Fiddle: A Visit with Tommy Jarrell in the Blue Ridge (1994), The Maestro Rides Again! (2005), and Lagniappe (2006)
- Two outtake performances from The Blues Accordin' to Lightnin' Hopkins
- PLUS: a booklet featuring an essay by film scholar Andrew Horton
Product images, including color, may differ from actual product appearance.