Light of My Eyes [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 14288692
- Release Date: 04/05/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Enhanced for widescreen TV (16x9)
- Behind the scenes: Light of My Eyes
- Light of My Eyes trailer
- Biographies of director and actors
- Coming soon to Film Movement: Eric Eason's Manito
- This Month's short film: Dreamscapes by Sean McBride
Giuseppe Piccioni follows up on his 1999 opus Not of this World with this understated drama about fantasy and reality. The film centers on Antonio (Luigi Lo Cascio), a youngish chauffeur who is a model of professional promptness and courtesy. He also possesses a vivid inner world dominated by images of other worlds and other planets. A chance near-accident introduces him to Maria (Sandra Ceccarelli), a struggling single mother trying desperately to keep her frozen foods store afloat and to keep her daughter from being taken away from her by the child's grasping grandparents. Even though Maria is extremely suspicious of Antonio's intentions, the two form a slow tentative relationship. When he learns Maria's dire circumstances, he selflessly tries to intercede at the expense of his own career. Antonio makes quiet deals with the sleazy gangster (Silvio Orlando) to whom Maria owes money, drives the crime boss around on his various errands, and eventually participates in some of his shady dealings. This film was screened at the 2001 Toronto and Venice Film Festivals. ~ Jonathan Crow, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Luigi Lo Cascio - Antonio
- Sandra Ceccarelli - Maria
- Silvio Orlando - Saverio
- Barbara Valente - Lisa
- Toni Bertorelli - Mario