- SKU: 24827396
- Release Date: 05/20/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New digital master, approved by director Abbas Kiarostami, with 3.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Forty-five-minute documentary on the making of the film
- Nw English subtitle translation
- One Blu-ray and one DVD, with all content available in both formats
- PLUS: a booklet featuring an essay by film scholar and critic Nico Baumbach
Celebrated Iranian filmmaker Abbas Kiarostami takes the helm for this richly textured drama set in Tokyo, and centered on the unusual relationship between an elderly professor and a pretty student moonlighting as a high-class call girl. Arriving at Takashi (Tadashi Okuno)'s home late one night, Akiko (Rin Takanashi) is surprised when her client shows more interest in cooking and conversation than he does in sex. The following morning, Takashi offers to drive Akiko to class. When the pair crosses paths with Akiko's intensely jealous boyfriend (Ryo Kase), they simply go along with his assumption that Takashi is Akiko's grandfather. Meanwhile, this slight deception begins to color Takashi and Akiko's future interactions while yielding some unexpected repercussions. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Rin Takanashi - Akiko
- Ryo Kase - Noriaki
- Denden - Hiroshi
- Mihoko Suzuki - Neighbor
- Kaneko Kubota - Akiko's Grandmother