- SKU: 14642283
- Release Date: 09/06/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Stills gallery
- Maurice Tourneur bio and filmography
- 1922 New York Times review
This adaptation of the R.D. Blackmore novel won acclaim for Madge Bellamy, and helped bring her stardom. Sir Charles Ensor (Frank Keenan), leader of the Doones, a notorious gang of bandits, adopts and raises Lorna (Bellamy) as his own. Growing up along with her was John Ridd (John Bowers), and he promises to help her if she ever finds herself in trouble. And Lorna winds up needing his help badly after the death of Sir Ensor. Carver Doone (Donald MacDonald) tries to force her into marriage, and she is saved from this fate by Ridd. She then takes her rightful place at court, and Ridd follows. Anarchists attack during the christening of the King's baby, and Ridd is responsible for saving the infant's life. In spite of this heroic act, he returns home. Lorna renounces her station to marry him, but at the wedding, Doone shoots her. Ridd and the townsfolk wipe out the rest of the Doone clan. Ridd returns home and happily discovers that Lorna, who he thought was dead, has actually survived. ~ Janiss Garza, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Madge Bellamy - Lorna Doone
- John Bowers - John Ridd
- Frank Keenan - Sir Charles Ensor
- Norris Johnson - Ruth
- May Giraci - Loma. as a Child