- SKU: 25224302
- Release Date: 08/12/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New audio commentary featuring writer Michael Ventura
- New video essay on actor Gena Rowlands by film critic Sheila O'Malley
- New interviews with executive producer and director of photography Al Ruban and actor Diahnne Abbott
- Interview from 2008 with actor Seymour Cassel
- "I'm Almost Not Crazy..." - John Cassavetes: The Man and His Work (1984), a sixty-minute documentary by Ventura on the making of Love Streams
- PLUS: a booklet featuring an essay by critic Dennis Lim and a 1984 New York Times piece on the film by Cassavetes
In this emotional roller coaster ride, Robert Harmon (John Cassavetes) is a street-wise, sometimes obnoxious writer currently working on a book about the seamier side of buying/selling love, and Sarah Lawson (Gena Rowlands) is an emotive wife and mother struggling through a divorce and custody battle. When Sarah lands on Robert's doorstep with her suitcases, it seems at first that she has returned to her husband. Robert has several women staying at his place (research sources!), but when his real ex-wife arrives with their young son, he sends the women packing. Sarah, it turns out, is Robert's sister. As the two work out their own live's hurdles -- Robert, the unaccustomed father with his 8-year-old son, and Sarah, trying to cope with her custody battle and its results -- their way of handling adversity and personal burdens becomes the real subtext of the film. This film won the Golden Bear Award at the 1984 Berlin Film Festival. ~ Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Gena Rowlands - Sarah Lawson
- John Cassavetes - Robert Harmon
- Diahnne Abbott - Susan
- Seymour Cassel - Jack Lawson
- Margaret Abbott - Margarita
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.