Martin Scorsese Presents the Blues: A Musical Journey [7 Discs] [DVD] 
- SKU: 5925715
- Release Date: 10/14/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Live performances not seen in the film, including footage of B.B. King, Cassandra Wilson, Chris Thomas King, Lou Reed, Lulu, Otis Rush, Koko Taylor, the Electrik Mud Kats (with vocals by Chuck D and Common), Jeff Beck, Hubert Sumlin & David Johansen, Willie Dixon and many others
- Director commentaries
- On-camera interviews with the directors
- Director biographies and filmographies
- Special menu options to scan for all music performances
- 5.1 surround sound and stereo mixes
- The Blues trailer
Part of The Blues documentary series on PBS, The Soul of a Man is written and directed by Wim Wenders and narrated by Laurence Fishburne. This installment explores the work of the filmmaker's personal musical heroes: Skip James, Blind Willie Johnson, and J.B. Lenoir. Through reenactments and archive footage, Wenders tells the personal stories of these highly influential and often underappreciated artists. Their musical legacy is interpreted through live performances by contemporary musicians like Bonnie Raitt, Cassandra Wilson, Lou Reed, Nick Cave, Lucinda Williams, Beck, and the Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. He also incorporates rare clips from two 16 mm films shot during the '60s by Steve and Rönnog Seaberg. The Soul of a Man was originally broadcast by PBS on September 29, 2003. ~ Andrea LeVasseur, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Laurence Fishburne - Narrator
- Chris Thomas King
- J.B. Lenoir
- Skip James