- SKU: 25791487
- Release Date: 01/13/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- The original Masterpiece Theatre introductions by legendary host Alistair Cooke
- Commentary with Art Malik and Tim Pigott-Smith on episode 1
- Commentary with Geraldine James and Charles Dance on episodes 13 & 14
- Director's commentary on episode 4
Based on Paul Scott's The Raj Quartet, Jewel in the Crown was an Emmy-winning 14-part presentation of PBS' Masterpiece Theatre. The story is set during the last two decades of British rule in India. The plot is set in motion by the disappearance of British woman Daphne Manners (Susan Woolridge); educated Indian Hari Kumar is implicated and eventually imprisoned. Carrying the throughline of the story is investigating police superintendent Ronald Merrick (Tim Piggott-Smith), whose own life experiences touch the lives of the several families--British and Indian--involved in this multigenerational tale of class and color consciousness. Originally presented during Masterpiece Theatre's 1984-85 season, Jewel in the Crown was successfully repeated in the summer of 1987. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Peggy Ashcroft
- Charles Dance
- Geraldine James
- Rosemary Leach
- Art Malik