- SKU: 14725121
- Release Date: 02/28/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Access to the Masterpiece Theater web site
- Scene selection
- Closed captions and Described Video for the visually impaired
- Closed Captioned
The shrewd, 44-year reign of coquettish Queen Elizabeth I is explored in vivid detail in this lavish historical drama starring Anne-Marie Duff in the title role and directed by Coky Giedroyc. Imprisoned in the Tower of London after being charged with treason and conspiracy by Queen Mary, young Elizabeth defies authority by maintaining her Protestant faith as England falls into chaos as a result of Henry VIII's historical break with the Catholic Church. Though both are bonded by blood to the oft-married Henry VIII, Elizabeth's and Mary's stubborn wills clash when Mary vows to reunite with Rome and the unbreakable Elizabeth makes the potentially fatal decision not to bend to Catholic pressure. Unexpectedly thrust onto the throne following Mary's untimely death, Elizabeth struggles to maintain control of a religiously divided nation as numerous enemies conspire against her and the pressures of a politically advantageous marriage become too powerful to resist. With every eligible bachelor in the land vying for her hand in marriage, Elizabeth offers nothing but rejection as she pines for the companionship of her handsome childhood friend Robert Dudley. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Anne-Marie Duff - Queen Elizabeth
- Tom Hardy - Lord Leicester
- Hans Matheson - Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex
- Ian Hart
- Dexter Fletcher