McCabe & Mrs. Miller [Criterion Collection] [2 Discs] [DVD] 
- SKU: 31512204
- Release Date: 10/11/2016
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Art Directors Guild Film Society Q&A fro 1999 with Production Designer Leon Ericksen
- Audio Commentary from 2002 featuring Director Robert Altman and Producer David Foster
- Excerpts from archival interviews with Cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmong
- Excerpts from two 1971 episodes of The Dick Cavett Show featuring Altman and film critic Pauline Kael
- Featurette from the film's 1970 production
- Gallery of stills from the set by Photographer Steve Schapiro
- New 4K Digital Restoration
- New Making-Of Documentary, featuring members of the Cast and Crew
- New converation about the film and Altman's career between film historians Carl Beauchamp and Rick Jewell
- Plus: An essay by novelist and critic Nathaniel Rich
Memorably described by Pauline Kael as "a beautiful pipe dream of a movie," Robert Altman's McCabe & Mrs. Miller reimagines the American West as a muddy frontier filled with hustlers, opportunists, and corporate sharks -- a turn-of-the-century model for a 1971 America mired in violence and lies. John McCabe (Warren Beatty) wanders into the turn-of-the-century wilderness village known as Presbyterian Church, with vague plans of parlaying his gambling winnings into establishing a fancy casino-brothel-bathhouse. McCabe's business partner is prostitute Mrs. Miller (Julie Christie), who despite her apparent distaste for McCabe helps him achieve his goal. Once McCabe and Mrs. Miller become successful, the town grows and prospers, incurring the jealousy of a local mining company that wants to buy McCabe out. Filmed on location in Canada, McCabe & Mrs. Miller makes use of such Altman "stock company" performers as Shelley Duvall, René Auberjonois, John Schuck, and Keith Carradine. The seemingly improvised screenplay was based on a novel by Edmund Naughton and the movie features a soundtrack of songs by Leonard Cohen. McCabe & Mrs. Miller joined such other Altman efforts as M*A*S*H, The Long Goodbye, and Thieves Like Us in radically revising familiar movie genres for the disillusioned Vietnam era. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Warren Beatty - John McCabe
- Julie Christie - Constance Miller
- William Devane - Lawyer
- Shelley Duvall - Ida Coyle
- John Schuck - Smalley