- SKU: 20223944
- Release Date: 07/24/2012
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Audio Commentary by Stillman, Editor Christopher Tellefsen, and Actors Christopher Eigeman and Taylor Nichols
- Rare Outtakes and alternate Casting, with Commentary by Stillman
- Plus: An Essay by Critic Luc Sante
The debut film from writer-director Whit Stillman etches a sophisticated comic portrait of New York debutante society at the twilight of the 1980s. Set during the Christmas season, the film is told from the vantage point of Tom Townsend (Edward Clements), a self-professed proletarian radical who stumbles into the social sphere of a group of well-off Upper East Side twentysomethings calling themselves the SFRP (or Sally Fowler Rat Pack, named in honor of a frequent party hostess). The group includes Nick (Christopher Eigeman), an acidic misanthrope; sweet-natured Jane Austen acolyte Audrey (Carolyn Farina); Charlie (Taylor Nichols), a tongue-tied bumbler secretly in love with Audrey; and femme fatale Cynthia (Isabel Gillies). Quickly, Tom, who comes from much more humble beginnings, finds himself caught in the middle of the group. Audrey even develops a crush on him, but Tom is still reeling from a broken relationship with renowned man-eater Serena (Elizabeth Thompson), a peripheral member of the SFRP. It all leads to a romantic climax at the Southampton vacation home of Nick's womanizing arch-enemy Rick von Sloneker (Will Kempe). ~ Jason Ankeny, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Edward Clements - Tom Townsend
- Christopher Eigeman - Nick Smith
- Allison Rutledge-Parisi - Jane Clarke
- Dylan Hundley - Sally Fowler
- Isabel Gillies - Cynthia McClean
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.