- SKU: 29570499
- Release Date: 10/01/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Metropolitan was the first release from the newly merged 20th Century-Fox corporation. Famed operatic baritone Lawrence Tibbett stars as Thomas Renwick, the new leading man for temperamental diva Ghita Galin (Alice Brady). After storming out of the Metropolitan Opera, Ghita organizes her own troupe, full of young, untried singers. On the eve of the company's first performance, Ghita walks out again, and it's up to Renwick to pull himself and his cohorts together to put on their own show. In other words, it's Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland with better music. Lawrence Tibbett's splendid singing voice was, alas, not enough to transform him into a satisfying screen personality. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Lawrence Tibbett - Thomas Renwick
- Virginia Bruce - Anne Merrill
- Alice Brady - Ghita Galin
- Cesar Romero - Niki Baroni
- Thurston Hall - T. Simon Hunter