- SKU: 28850912
- Release Date: 07/09/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
This British musical comedy was designed as a vehicle for popular 1930s bandleader Ambrose, here cast as "himself". The plot, which was the handiwork of no fewer than four scenarists, is the old one about the pretty but unappreciated slavey (Evelyn Dall) who is suddenly and spectacularly thrust into high society, much to the discomfort of her evil guardian. In other words, it's Cinderella in modern dress. But never mind all that: the film's real attraction is its unending parade of specialty performers. American jazz singer Harry Richman may be a bit hard to take for contemporary audiences (he wasn't exactly everyone's favorite in 1938!), but celebrity impressionist Florence Desmond is as delightful as ever as the film's nominal villain. Far better produced than most British "revue" pictures of the era, Kicking the Moon Around did excellent business, but Ambrose didn't care much for moviemaking and returned to the nightclub and music-hall circuit. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Evelyn Dall - Pepper Martin
- Florence Desmond - Flo Hadley
- C. Denier Warren - Mark Browd
- Julien Vedey - Herbert Stoker
- Max Bacon - Gus