Mac OS X Snow Leopard is an even more powerful and refined version of an already advanced operating system. It enhances the entire Mac experience in ways big and small, making the Mac more reliable and easier to use.
- Better, faster, easier. Mac OS X Snow Leopard includes hundreds of improvements that will help make your Mac faster, more responsive and more reliable than ever. Installation, wake from sleep and shutdown are all faster than with Mac OS X Leopard, as are initial Time Machine backups to Time Capsule.
- Dock. Now Exposé is integrated in the Dock, giving you a quick and easy way to see all the open windows of an application.
- Finder. The Finder has been completely rewritten to take advantage of the new technologies in Snow Leopard. The familiar Finder interface is unchanged, but you'll discover that the Finder is faster and more responsive. It also includes an enhanced icon view with live file previews, so you can thumb through a multipage document or even watch a QuickTime movie.
- New core technologies. New core technologies in Snow Leopard unleash the power of today's advanced hardware and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
- QuickTime X. The next-generation media technology, QuickTime X powers the audio and video experience in Snow Leopard. It debuts a completely new QuickTime Player application with a clean, uncluttered interface as well as an easy way to record, trim and share your media.
- Out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange. Snow Leopard includes out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 in Mail, iCal and Address Book, so it's easier than ever to take your Mac to work.
- Universal Access. Every Mac comes standard with a wide range of assistive — or Universal Access — technologies that help people with disabilities experience what the Mac has to offer. Snow Leopard continues this support with a variety of innovative features that advance accessibility even further.