- SKU: 9021426
- Release Date: 01/22/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- New restored high-definition digital transfer
- New video essay with film historian Peter Cowie
- Archival television interview with director Alf Sjöberg
- A 2006 television documentary about the play Miss Julie and dramatist August Strindberg
- Theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitle translation
- Plus: A booklet featuring new essays by film scholars Peter Matthews and Birgitta Steene
Froken Julie (Miss Julie) is adapted from August Strindberg's trenchant one-act play of the same name. The title character, a young woman of prestige and property, is played by Anita Bjork. Taught by her mother to hold all men in contempt, Miss Julie nonetheless enters into an affair with misanthropic valet Jean (Ulf Palme). Their passion for one another is tempered by their mutual animosity, and the results are catastrophic. Playwright Strindberg's intense dislike for womanhood will probably alienate half the audience of Miss Julie, but director Alf Sjoberg's handling of the material is masterful--so much so that this film, together with Frenzy (1947), cemented Sjoberg's international reputation as a filmmaker of distinction (despite the efforts by American censors to "water down" the film). ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Anita Björk - Julie
- Ulf Palme - Jean
- Anders Henrikson - Count Carl
- Lissi Alandh - Countess Berta
- Åke Claesson - Doctor