No minimum for My Best Buy® Elite and Elite Plus members. Minimum purchase of $35 on eligible products required. Excludes select digital items, scheduled delivery items and items displaying "In Store Only" message.
Mister Roberts [DVD] [Eng/Fre] 
- SKU: 8043707
- Release Date: 09/19/2006
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, items sold by Marketplace vendors, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Scene-specific commentary by Jack Lemmon
- Vintage Ed Sullivan Toast of the Town excerpt featuring the movie's stars
- Fonda on Fonda documentary excerpt recounting Henry Fonda's involvement in the play and movie
- Soundtrack Remastered in Dolby Digital 5.1
- Extensive production notes
- Stage-to-screen theatrical trailer gallery
- Closed Captioned
Henry Fonda returned to films after an eight-year absence in this masterful adaptation of the actor's Broadway hit Mister Roberts. Written and partially directed by Joshua Logan, the film stars Fonda as Lt. Doug Roberts, chief cargo officer of the supply ship "Reluctant." WW2 is in its last few months, and Roberts is itching for combat duty. But the Reluctant's surly, despotic captain (James Cagney), anxious to use Roberts to expedite his own promotion, refuses to sign any of Roberts' transfer requests. Helping to brighten Mister Roberts' humdrum existence are his best friends, Ensign Frank Pulver (Jack Lemmon, in an Oscar-winning performance) and the ship's philosophical doctor (William Powell, in his final film appearance). Most of the laughs are provided by Pulver, officer "in charge of laundry and morale." When he isn't wheeling and dealing to bring a bevy of beautiful nurses on board the Reluctant, Pulver is concocting elaborate schemes to avenge himself against the Captain -- even though he's spent 14 months on the Reluctant without ever meeting his nemesis. The film's highlights include the efforts by Roberts, Pulver, and Doc to mix a bottle of Scotch from Coca-Cola, Iodine, and other vital ingredients; and Mister Roberts' (and later Ensign Pulver's) assertion of manhood by tossing the Captain's precious palm tree overboard. Halfway through shooting, legendary director John Ford was replaced, ostensibly because of illness, by Mervyn LeRoy. One of the finest service comedies ever made, Mister Roberts spawned a less amusing sequel, Ensign Pulver (1964), as well as a 1965 TV sitcom. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Henry Fonda - Lt. Doug Roberts
- James Cagney - Captain Morion
- William Powell - Doc
- Jack Lemmon - Ens. Frank Thurlowe Pulver
- Betsy Palmer - Lt. Ann Girard
Best Buy Customer Reviews
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.