- SKU: 23503808
- Release Date: 09/13/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Previously filmed in 1915, the Bret Harte story M'liss served as one of Mary Pickford's most memorable vehicles. The "terror" of Red Gulch, the hoydenish M'liss (Pickford) spends most of her time dragging her scraggly father Bummer Smith (Ernest Torrence) home from the local bordello. As such, M'liss has very little time for romance, and when she finally receives her first chaste kiss from new schoolmaster Allan Gray (Thomas Gray), she rushes to the bawdy-house Madam for advice! Eventually, M'liss wins her man through virtuous means, pausing long enough to save an innocent man from being hung for the crimes committed by a local outlaw. The finale features a decidedly uncharacteristic moment when "America's Sweetheart" looks on approvingly as the real crook is strung up from the nearest tree! M'liss was remade in 1922 as The Girl Who Rand Wild, then again under its original title in 1936. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mary Pickford - M'liss
- Monte Blue - Mexican Joe
- William H. Brown - Sheriff Sandy Waddles
- John Burton - Parson Bean
- Winifred Greenwood - Clara Parker