- SKU: 14576372
- Release Date: 09/20/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Short films by David Brower; "Two Yosemites" & "Shiprock"
- Interview with director Kelly Duane
- Interview with former Secretary of Interior Stewart Udall
- About the Music of Monumental
- Trailer gallery
David Brower was one of the most ambitious and effective environmental activists of the 20th century. Brower first visited Yosemite National Park when he was six years old, and it sparked a life-long love for the outdoors; as he grew to adulthood, Brower developed a passionate interest in the preservation of America's wilderness. At age 21, Brower joined the Sierra Club, and in 1952, he became one of the club's executive directors, fighting in both the public and private sectors to protect unspoiled lands, maintain wilderness area, and prevent exploitation of national parks. Later in life, Brower also helped to found Friends of the Earth and the Earth Island Institute, and was instrumental in the creation of a number of national parks, keeping dams out of historic river sites, and establishing the National Wilderness Preservation System. Monumental: David Brower's Fight for Wild America is a documentary which offers a detailed look at Brower's life and work, and includes some of his own 16 mm footage of his favorite parks (Brower was a talented amateur cinematographer). ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jerry Mander
- John Dyer