- SKU: 8253953
- Release Date: 06/19/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Interviews with star Kara Hui
- Feature commentary by film critics Andy Klein and Elvis Mitchell
- Interview with film scholars David Chute and Andy Klein
- Stills gallery
- Trailer gallery
- Commenatator biographies
In a change from the usual action film, this story starts with the marriage of a young, uptight female martial-arts champion, Cheng Tai-nun (Hui Ying-hung) to an elderly and very wealthy landowner. The marriage is in name only, and takes place at the wishes of the old man expressly to keep his estate from falling into the greedy and unscrupulous hands of his brother. Tai-nun inherits his estate when he dies, and is soon in Canton, staying with her older nephew by marriage, Yu Cheng-chuan (Liu Chia-liang), and his young and attractive son Yu Tao (Hsia Hou). When the traditional and conservative Tai-nun, a woman from the provinces, runs into the modern and Westernized Yu Tao for the first time, the sparks fly and the comedy of cultural clashes begins. As the relationship between the two young protagonists of the old versus the new takes its own jaunty course, the evil brother steals the deed to the dead husband's estate, and the action begins. Tai-nun gets to showcase her martial-arts talents, as her views of the world slowly begin to change. ~ Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Hui Ying-Hung
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.