Neato Robotics Botvac Connected Robot Vacuum: This intuitive vacuum features built-in Wi-Fi and LaserSmart mapping and navigation, so you can easily set up a cleaning schedule and monitor performance from your compatible mobile device. CornerClever technology ensures your entire home is thoroughly cleaned every time.
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.
If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
This robot vacuum has an intuitive LaserSmart mapping and navigation system that scans the room and detects objects before cleaning for optimal performance.
Control the vacuum from your compatible mobile device
Built-in Wi-Fi means you can download the Neato app on your smartphone to start, stop, pause, schedule and receive notifications, even when you're not home.
Clean carpets and bare floors easily
Automatic carpet height adjustment ensures floors are cleaned thoroughly. With Eco and Turbo modes, you can choose between low-volume light cleaning and high-suction performance for deep dirt and pet hair.
Posted by: monkey4rewards from: Rockford, IL on
Bought this as an upgrade for an older Neato (XV series) that I still love.
1) It's not a replacement for a regular vacuums, but does greatly reduce the frequency I break out my Dyson.
2) The "connected" feature isn't ready for prime time yet. I'm a tech freak and it took me about an hour to get it connected to my phone & tablet. Had to go the manual connection route and do it 2-3 times before it synced up right. I think the app needs upgrades, possibly also the robot needs a flash (none available at this point). Once I got it connected it works as advertised; manual driving mode is a gimic, but the scheduling & starting/stopping is much easier from my Nexus phone/tablet than using the lcd buttons. Push notifications for "im stuck" is nice too, especially for cleaning on a different floor than where you are.
3) The side brush is a great upgrade compared to the previous model line (which would leave baseboards needing attention), however it's only attached with a magnet, so it fell off and now I can't find it (one star lost for this).
4) I love turning this thing on and doing something else while my floors are cleaned for me.
5) This new model is about half as loud as the XV series, even on Turbo mode. Haven't tried 'Eco' yet, which is touted to be quieter.
21 out of 21 found this review helpful.
BUY another brand
Posted by: from: on
1st I contacted service chat.. ran me thru hoops for over an hour. asking for proof of purchase and many pictures... I gave everything that was asked. told an RMA and label would be emailed...Guess what ?? NO EMAIL.
2nd Week I contacted service chat again just to be asked for the same stuff again.... again I spent time giving everything that was needed..AGAIN told I would receive an email.... Guess What NO EMAIL...
I then emailed many times 10 exactly looking for an update on my RMA....NO REPLY AT ALL....
3rd week Back on support told I have to send it in for replacement this I know... They gave no label and no address where to even send the bot.... Then when I asked two more times for a label of address..I'm given return policy that I have to pay to return..I think is horrible since my bot is 5 months old and defective... So again I ask for the address told they will send it again.. Again???? I never received it the first time....
Pack the bot all up write the RMA all over box like im told.....
NOW I GET AN EMAIL she gave me the Wrong RMA NEW RMA AND THEY WONT REPLACE THE BOT>>> ISSUING A REFUND FOR THE PRICE I PAID IN 6 TO 8 WEEKS>>> after all this
They should have taken my credit card info to secure the replacement bot and I would have sent back the defective one... Why should I be without when I shopped and carefully choice there company to spend my hard earned money???
18 out of 21 found this review helpful.
Nice upgrade, but units are built poorly
Posted by: Tman from: on
I've owned / own an XV-11, XV-21 and Botvac 80. I've been a big fan of Neato since they came out with their first product and I still believe in the quality of their LIDAR system to map the room before cleaning.
I bought my unit the very first week (Oct 14), but I've held off posting a review until I could work through all of the issues I've had with the unit.
Let's start with the positives:
- I like the new captive touch interface. Takes a second to adjust to when coming out of the other robots since it's more sensitive.
- Nice color screen - easy to read.
- Being connected, the day / time automatically gets set for you.
- Finally they ditched the Pb batteries and went to Li-ion. I can attest to the fact that in Eco mode, the batteries really do run 2 hours. I can now clean 2000+ sq ft on one charge in Eco mode vs. 2.5 charges with the prior robots.
- I don't see a lot of difference between Eco and Turbo modes. Mostly Turbo is a little louder (haven't done the measurement's but probably 5db more) than Eco. Eco picks up dirt just as good as my XV-11.
- The new filter is awesome. A quick swipe of the finger gets all the junk off of it. No more vacuuming my filter after every cleaning cycle.
- Controlling the robot with my iPhone is nice. Just have to remember to get all the stuff picked up so not to confuse / block it. Messaging when it's done is nice as well.
- Side brush works well. Nothing is ever going to get a corner perfect, but this helps.
Now for the negatives that drag this down to 2 stars:
- All shiny black = shows every single fingerprint. If you want your robot to look as clean as your house, be prepared to wipe the dust bin down constantly.
- It took me 4 tries to get the robot connected to the Neato servers. 1st time I let it try for 36 hours with no success - could never link up to the Neato server but was on my wifi network quickly. 2nd and 3rd tries the robot would not connect to my wifi - yes you have to start from scratch if it won't connect to Neato's servers. 4th time it actually connected fairly quickly. I sent an e-mail in to Neato the 1st night I had it about the connection issue - they never responded. Had to call in about another issue to even get an answer.
- Once you get the robot connected to the Neato servers, you have to go online to complete your profile setup or you will not be able to get notifications from the robot. And this means giving them info about where the robot was purchased, not just name and e-mail. And BTW, they know there is a problem with their website with some browsers. I actually had to use my phone to do the registration as I could never get it to work on my computer. Pretty sad for a "connected" robot. And BTW - nothing in the documentation tells you that you have to do this for the notifications to work.
- The only notification you'll get from the robot is that it's done. There's no warning that I've seen if the robot gets stuck or has another issue.
- No matter if you've selected Turbo or Eco as the default on the robot itself, if you use the app to start the robot, Turbo is always the default, even if Eco has been used before. So if you forgot, you have to life with more noise and shorter battery life. Silly that you can't set a default for Eco in the app.
- Here's the real kicker for me that dropped this to a 2 start product. The units are built wrong. The 1st minute I put the dust bin into the main robot I noticed that it did not sit flush with the robot. And the left side (looking at it) sits higher than the right side. I'm not talking about a little bit, I'm talking enough that if I put a light inside the dust bin, I can see it shining out between the robot and dust bin lid. I contacted Neato more than 5 times and included pictures to show them exactly what was going on and the best they could do is send me a replacement dust bin. Even after multiple e-mail confirmations of my shipping address and a phone call in over 1.5 weeks, the replacement bin still never got shipped out. Had to spend 30 minutes in online chat with them to actually get the replacement sent. And I told them I didn't think this would fix the issue and sure enough it didn't. Another phone call to them and the best they could tell me was that this is the way the robot is built. Seriously - for $700 you can't build something where all of the pieces sit flush with each other? See the attached pictures and be warned than your spanking new robot that's 2x the price of their 1st robot is going to be flawed and Neato thinks that's okay.
- Even though Neato customer service by phone has a special button press just for Neato connected owners, it doesn't seem like they really care that you bought their flagship model. Like buying an Audi and getting treated like you bought a VW.
- The robot comes with a USB adaptor for doing software upgrades. You can look at your account online (but not through the app specifically) to see if there are software updates available (none right now). But the real question is will the updates be done over the air like they should be for a connected product or are you still going to have to plug it in to a stupid PC (sorry no Macs) to do the update?
Would I buy this units again knowing all this issues - no. Would I wait for the 2nd generation of the Neato Connected - yes.
16 out of 19 found this review helpful.
Posted by: ScottL from: on
I spent many hours reading the reviews on multiple sites for the Neato Connected and Roomba 980. What ultimately swayed me to the Neato was the ability to work in the dark, the suction power as reviewed on CNET, and the $200 lower price tag.
Many reviews on the Neato indicated that you need to 'Neato proof' your house-- some reviews even claimed the product is not ready for prime time. I decided to purchase but wasn't expecting the Neato Connected to work s good as the product suggested. To my pleasant surprise, it works excellent! I have a 2 story home and thanks to my wife, I believe the floor plan is on the more complex side as it relates to furnishings and placement thereof. The only 'Neato proofing' I did was pick up the dog toys. Out of the box 'Rosie' scanned the first room and began to work. She completed 3/4 of the main level and then returned to her station to charge (about 2 hours) and then resumed right where she left off. Since then, she has cleaned about a dozen times and only didn't complete twice when she stumbled on some dog toys- obviously not her fault. I cleared the obstruction, pressed resume, and off she went!
For reference, my BotVac Connected was running software version 2.0 out of the box. From my experience thus far, here are some tips:
- when setting up, if the WiFi process hangs at connecting to your network, simply restart the process a second time and all works well
_ base station placement should be at least 3 inches from any obstacles or furniture-- If too close, Rose may not see the station and may not make it back when she re-enters the room to dock
- 'Neato proofing' just needs the floor to be clear of obstructions like dog toys or other things that could be sucked up - obstacles like furniture, pillows, dog mats, rugs, etc are fine
- if you pause her or clear an obstruction, make sure you put her in the same spot/direction as you found her-- this way she'll still know where she is at
- adjust any furniture placement to allow Rosie enough width to enter otherwise, of course, she won't be able to clean that space
- if the floor plan changes during her cleaning, i.e., the wife decides to close a door to a room that Rosie hasn't yet made it to, chances are that Rosie saw that open room during her continuous scanning and she will spend a bit of time trying to figure why she can't go there due to the new wall that appeared.
- we have some angled/sloping legs on some of the furniture and sometimes she will ride up on to them. This generally then causes her to appear to regain her location... She does circles for a few minutes and then resumes as normal
All in all, I have no complaints with the Rosie. The app is, however, limited. No stats available -- only basic settings. Alerts seem to only be active for finished cleaning. I have the full dust bin and others turned on, but haven't got any. If she does get caught and you are not at home, you can open the app and see she has an error. When you click on the error you can see she is asking her brushes to be cleared-- this should be sent via text.
7 out of 7 found this review helpful.
Love this thing!
Posted by: gljohn0 from: on
Granted, I had a little difficulty setting up the app (you must turn off the phones ability to switch from 2.4mhz to 5mhz--Neato only functions correctly on 2.4mhz), but worked great once online. I bet me & my wife watched it for over an hour to see if it would get stuck. No problems! I will have to order additional boundary for it. Skip the delay & order an additional set.
6 out of 6 found this review helpful.
Awesome, much better than round competitor
Posted by: Tinwindow from: on
This is my first Neato , I've always gone with the competition. I was about to do the same and compared the 2 flagship models. I chose Neato due to the shape, the mapping, and cleaning patterns. I was not disappointed! This is by far the smartest and most powerful robotic vac I've had, and I've had many. This runs on a high pile rig that the competition sensed as a wall and wouldn't even go on the wrong. I like that you don't have to worry about pet dishes etc- it just goes around them without spilling even the water dish. I had no problems with connection. As one member stated the black gloss does catch finger prints but in trade the mat black doesn't seem to scratch when hitting or getting stuck- not that mine had. My old bot is all scratched up because it wasn't smart enough to navigate the objects. The gloss looks good to, in my opinion I'll take the extra minute to wipe it since it did save me 5-10 of house work. The replacement filters and brushes are also very reasonable. I'm not noticing the dust bin door issue mentioned. As far as build I always take a warranty with squaretrade just incase. Over all love it, doesn't even scare the cat!
10 out of 12 found this review helpful.
I wanted to like it
Posted by: Stryprod from: on
I wanted to like this vacuum. I did a lot of research and felt like I was making the smart consumer purchase by going this route over the Roomba, but I was wrong. First the pros - it cleaned the floor well and with that I would have been very happy to keep it, but the cons... Well it seemed to have an issue with shiny objects and navigation, namely our toilet. It got caught and kept trying to bump into the toilet and corner for over 15 minutes before I just felt bad for the little guy and turned him off. Next day it happened again. Perhaps an issue with the laser navigation and reflection of shiny surfaces? If you have chrome furniture thing twice I guess. The other issue was our shag are rug. The Neato kept getting stuck on it. Fair enough, it is thick, so I placed the magnets along the edge. It seemed to work on a test run, yet every day thereafter I'd find Wall-e (yes we named him) stuck on the rug. I tied moving the magnets further out, but it reached a point where we had an ugly mag strip 2 inches from the carpet before he obeyed. Sorry Wall-e, but back to the store to try your more expensive friend Eve (Roomba 980). We have yet to have any of the issues with the Roomba and are happy with the change. I think the Neato will work for many, just note possible reflective surfaces and thick rugs.
6 out of 7 found this review helpful.
Works great with very little problems setting up.
Posted by: Herman from: on
First off, we have approximately 2200 sq.ft. of floor space which includes 9 rooms and 2 hallways. The floors are wood, carpet and throw rugs. Along with that two cats which comes into effect for picking up hair. We've used the vacuum now for little over a month, vacuuming twice a week.
Battery Life and cleaning time: The battery does need one additional charge before completing the whole home which seems to be around 1 to 1 1/2 hours to complete the charge. So including the charge time it takes about 3 hours to compete the entire home. Though it may take longer to vacuum you do have the time to be doing other activities in the home while the robot takes care of the vacuuming.
Cleaning: All in all we were surprised at how well it picks up cat hair and other debris on both surfaces mentioned above and under counters. The vacuum dirt bin is small but seems to hold enough for the size of home it is being used in, only having to empty the dirt bin between charges. At this time we can't really determine if it does a deep clean on the rugs but there is no evidence that it isn't. There were pine needles from the Christmas tree on the rug and the vacuum had no problem picking them up, well I'd say it got 99% of them. On the wood floors there isn't any evidence of scratching and the vacuum is getting under the lips of the counters and along the kick boards well.
Another nice ability is that the vacuum gets under the beds, which is hard with a regular vacuum, where there is a lot of dust that accumulates.
App, instructions and programing: We have not used the app for manual control of the vacuum but hope to do that in the near future. The app has been easy to use plus with the larger screen on the Tablet makes it easy to set the robot up.
Instructions are a little lacking. But was able to work through any questions we had. An example would be the magnetic strip that goes on the floor to prevent the vacuum from entering specific areas. How much do I need to place? I also wonder how well the magnetic strip will hold on carpeting which I haven't had to do.
The downside of the initial programing is the screen on the machine is small which makes hard to read. So use the app whenever you can. We have programmed a schedule for cleaning, using the app, with no problem. The unit starts up right on schedule.
General: The vacuum has only got stuck twice, once on an item that isn't usually on the floor and once under a TV stand, which it got under once before but must have gotten a big ego and didn't make it the second time. Noise level is comparable to a regular large vacuum though may be a little louder when on a bare floor.
I researched all brands of robotic vacuums on the internet and decided on this one for two reasons. 1) The square head seems to be logical for getting into corners better and 2) the app for manual control if you want or need to use it.
Summary: I would recommend to a friend and have not found any real downside to the unit at least yet. Since it's only been a month of use I can't give it 5 stars. If it continues to operate at it's current level 5 stars would probably be reached. As for the cats, they seem to tolerate the unit better then the regular vacuum. They seem more interested in watching it then running away from it.
4 out of 4 found this review helpful.
Best Robotic Vacuum Out There
Posted by: BrHo from: on
Neato Botvac Connected Review: Can I start with saying that I LOVE this vacuum?!?!?
Pros: Can be run from a wireless device (phone, tablet); it has come in handy on many occasions to start the device while I’m out running errands and have it finished before I get home; he even sends me a notification to let me know when he’s done – so considerate. I love that it runs on a schedule too – running it consistently has reduced household allergies among me and my pets. It does s good job at picking up dust (I’m always surprised how full the bin is). The flat front edge allows it get into corners and up against baseboards where the Roomba fails.
Cons: It will require a bit of time to get on your network and the app on your phone, but it really is a simple process to follow and their support has been spectacular. You will need to Bot Proof your home – hide cords, set up boundary markets etc. It took a couple runs of the bot to see where he got stuck or had issues but with the use of boundary markets and picking my cell phone charger up off the ground we have been problem free for several runs!
I highly recommend the Neato Botvac Connected – it’s one less thing for me to worry about and is a wonderful feeling to come home to a freshly vacuumed house.
5 out of 6 found this review helpful.
Posted by: Will from: on
Been debating and holding off for years on purchasing a robotic vaccum . Let me say this I wish I had purchased a long time ago! It does a great job through my home. I highly recommend this product. Connecting to the app was a little bit harder then it should be hopefully it gets updated to make it more user friendly and more features.