- SKU: 16185334
- Release Date: 01/15/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Printable materials for educators
- Access to the NOVA web site
- Scene selection
- Closed captions
This television documentary follows the search for the key to navigating the seas. It is based on the novel by Dava Sobel, Lost at Sea -- The Search for Longitude. It begins with Will Andrewes, as he joins a crew to try out a replica of a typical log and line of the early 1700s. It was a crude method, using a triangle of wood (called a log) with a knotted line tied to it. They would count the number of knots that passed through the navigator's fingers in the time it took a 28-second sand glass to flow through. This would give the speed of the ship in knots and was the only way to tell the distance a ship traveled at sea. These ideas were advanced by astronomers and by accurate timepieces made by John Harrison in the 1700s. The rest of the episode shows the continued quest for accurate longitude through astronomy and accurately tracking time at sea. ~ Thomas Carpenter, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Richard Dreyfuss - Narrator