Appliance Haul-Away & Recycling
You can rely on us when it's time to buy the latest energy-saving appliances. You can also trust us to haul away your old ones and dispose of them in a responsible, environmentally friendly manner.
As part of our dedication to protecting the environment, we've set a goal of collecting one billion pounds of old or obsolete appliances, electronics, and mobile phones for recycling.
We'll remove your old appliance at no charge* when a replacement
Best Buy product is delivered by Geek Squad® or Best
Buy® Home Delivery. Then we'll make sure it's properly
and safely recycled. It doesn't matter where you bought it, what
brand it is, or how old it is.
Best Buy will remove up to two appliances from your home for recycling.
- Fee for standard pick-up service of two appliances is $100.
- Each additional appliance will be removed at a cost of $20.
- Visit your nearest Best Buy store to schedule your pickup time. Payment for pickup service must be completed in store.
You'd be amazed by the transformation these appliances go through.
- Your old appliance is removed from your home when your new one is delivered.
- The units are collected from Best Buy by our licensed, third-party recycling partners.
- The recyclers examine and evaluate the used appliances for repair and/or reuse.
- The recyclers recover ozone-depleting chemicals and other waste streams from discarded refrigerators and freezers. PCBs, mercury, used oil, refrigerants and insulating foam are properly dealt with through the best environmental practices available.
- Using various technologies, our recyclers dismantle the appliance, separating out the commodities (metals, plastics, glass, etc.).
- The recyclers ensure the reclaimed commodities are sent to end markets to be recycled and repurposed into new products.
U.S. EPA RAD Program Partnership
Best Buy is a proud partner of the US Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) Program. This voluntary partnership program began in 2006 to help protect the ozone layer and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases through the responsible disposal of appliances.
Best Buy has been responsibly recycling appliances for many years. Our voluntary participation in the RAD Program further underscores our commitment to help you make more responsible choices with technology and appliances.
Benefits of RAD:
- Reducing emissions of ozone-depleting substances and greenhouse gases.
- Preventing the release of hazardous materials into our environment.
- Conserving resources and saving energy by recycling durable materials.
- Saving landfill space.
Learn more at the EPA's RAD website: www.epa.gov/ozone/partnerships/rad/index.html.
As part of our larger consumer electronics recycling programs, we'll also take just about anything electronic, including TVs, DVD players, computer monitors, audio and video cables, mobile phones, and more. Most things are recycled absolutely free, with a few restrictions.