- SKU: 6300825
- Release Date: 10/07/2003
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Hoping to avoid the new inheritance tax, eccentric millionaire Jasper Whyte (Charles Grapewin) gathers together his greedy relatives and associates and announces that he intends to give away his fortune to his long-lost granddaughter Doris -- but if she doesn't show up for the reading of the will, the money will be divided evenly among the heirs. Among those present are two girls (Mary Carlisle and Evalyn Knapp) who both claim to be Doris. When one of the girls is poisoned, Whyte's heirs waste no time blaming each other for the murder. After an attempt on the life of the remaining girl, the suspect list narrows down to Whyte's great-nephew Tom (Regis Toomey). Combining forces with two-bit vaudeville magician Joe Luvalle (Wallace Ford), Tom manages to expose the genuine murderer. Written by Stuart Palmer of "Hildegarde Withers" fame, One Frightened Night is a class act all the way, from the inventive opening-title sequence to the exciting finale. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Charles Grapewin - Jasper Whyte
- Mary Carlisle - Doris Waverly
- Arthur Hohl - Arthur Proctor
- Evelyn Knapp - 1st Doris
- Wallace Ford - Joe Luvalle