Pacific Banana [DVD] 
- SKU: 25750232
- Release Date: 11/18/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Original theatrical trailer
- Stills and poster gallery
- "Pacific Banana Unpeeled" an all-new interview featurette with producer/director John D. Lamond, Writer Alan Hopgood and actor Deborah Gray
This is a smarmy, leering sex-comedy from director John D. Lamond, who had done much better with 1978's erotic Felicity. Graeme Blundell, star of the similarly raunchy Alvin Purple, plays a nerd named Martin who sneezes whenever a woman turns him on, causing impotence. After an unsuccessful tryst with the boss's wife, Martin is sent to Tahiti on Banana Airlines. At this point, hilarity is supposed to ensue. It doesn't. Instead, what follows is the sort of drooling idiocy that would make even Benny Hill blush, as "randy" stewardesses "drop their knickers" while the offscreen narrator engages in supposedly saucy commentary of the "wink-wink, nudge-nudge" variety. There's body-painting, a stud pilot (Robin Stewart) who is sleeping with two stewardesses, and many dumb penis jokes. Lamond returned to the genre with A Slice of Life (1982), then made a failed mainstream film, Breakfast in Paris (1982), before wisely abstaining from directing for the next 10 years. ~ Robert Firsching, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Graeme Blundell - Martin
- Robin Stewart - Paul
- Deborah Gray
- Alyson Best - Mandy
- Helen Hemingway