- SKU: 18272899
- Release Date: 01/26/2010
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Ratings & Reviews
- Disc one:
- New, restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Wim Wenders
- Audio commentary featuring Wenders
- Disc two:
- Video interview with Wenders by German journalist Roger Willemsen
- Excerpts from a 1990 documentary on Wenders, featuring interviews with Wenders, cinematographer Robby Müller, composer Ry Cooder, actors Harry Dean Stanton, Dennis Hopper, Peter Falk, and Hanns Zischler, novelist Patricia Hihgsmith, and director Samuel Fuller
- New video interviews with filmmakers Allison Anders and Claire Denis
- "Wim Wenders Hollywood April '84," a segment from the French television program Cinéma cinémas, showing Wenders and Cooder at work on the score
- Deleted scenes and super 8 home movies
- Gallery of Wenders's location-scouting photos
- Behind-the-scenes photos by Robin Holland
- Theatrical trailer
Travis (Harry Dean Stanton) is wandering through the Texas desert, a bit shaky and in desperate need of water, when he stumbles into a bar and collapses. A German doctor of dubious credentials finds a phone number in Travis' wallet, which belongs to his brother, Walt (Dean Stockwell). Walt is shocked to hear about his brother's condition, since no one in the family has seen or heard from Travis in four years; Walt flies to Texas to bring him home, only to find Travis wandering by the side of the road, and they begin the long drive back to Los Angeles, where Walt lives with his wife, Anne (Aurore Clement), and Hunter (Hunter Carson), Travis' seven-year-old son. At first, Travis refuses to speak and is oddly distant, but in time he begins to talk again, and when he arrives in California, he begins the painful process of reacquainting himself with his son and trying to reconcile with his wife, Jane (Nastassia Kinski). ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Harry Dean Stanton - Travis
- Nastassja Kinski - Jane
- Dean Stockwell - Walt
- Aurore Clément - Anne
- Hunter Carson - Hunter
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.