- SKU: 16699128
- Release Date: 04/29/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Twenty-minute making-of featurette
- Video interview with director Katsuhito Ishii
- Alternate ending
- TV spots
- A complete storyboard version of the film
Katsuhito Ishii follows up on his loony, phantasmagoric work Samehada Otoko to Momojiri Onna with this dizzyingly bizarre gangster drama. Low-level yakuza Miki (Masatoshi Nagase) decides that he's had enough of the gangster life and swipes 200 million yen from his boss. He winds up hiding out in a remote dive called Hotel New Mexico, which is run by a middle-aged peeping tom (Yoshio Harada). The proprietor is so much the voyeur that he has fashioned a room in which he can see into every other room in the establishment. Donning yellow tights, a crescent moon-shaped mask, and a box of kleenex, he assumes his special voyeur identity -- Captain Banana -- as he watches his clientele. Sharing his peeping room is Okita (Tadanobu Asano), the geeky, whey-faced son of Captain Banana's dead partner. As the peeping duo look on, Miki gets a series of unwelcome visitors starting with his slinky ex-girlfriend, Kana (Akemi Kobayashi), who though married to a very rich man named Todohira (Yoshinori Okada), will not pay up the debt that she owes him. Soon Todohira too makes an unwelcome entrance, followed by thuggish gangster Sonoda (Keisuke Horibe) and his superior who demanded the return of Miki's ill-gotten goods. Finally, a sociopathic gangland hitman drops by sporting a ludicrously large perm, a gun, and a hair-trigger temper. ~ Jonathan Crow, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Masatoshi Nagase - Shunichiro Miki
- Keisuke Horibe - Shingo Sonoda
- Yoshinori Okada - Todohei Todohira
- Akemi Kobayashi - Kana Mitsukosh
- Tadanobu Asano - Okita Souji