- SKU: 17245697
- Release Date: 10/28/2008
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio commentary with director Richard Franklin
- Original theatrical trailer
- TV spots
In Australian director Richard Franklin's Patrick, the subject of psychokinesis is used, not for the creation of De Palma-like bloodbath special effects as in Carrie and The Fury, but as an expression of a deeply disturbed persona. Patrick is first seen in the intensive care section of a hospital in a state of extreme catatonia -- after murdering his mother and her lover. Dr. Roget (Robert Helpmann) is the doctor in charge of the clinic who first tends to Patrick, but when new nurse Kathy Jacquard (Susan Penhaligon) arrives, she is assigned Patrick's case. As she cares for the comatose man, Patrick falls in love with her, telekinetically writing love notes to her on her typewriter. Kathy begins to suspect something is amiss when the doctors and nurses at the hospital who want to speed along the comatose man to his death start to die in mysterious ways. As Patrick's condition continues to deteriorate and he realizes that he is on the verge of death, he then wants Kathy to kill herself to join him when he dies. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Susan Penhaligon - Kathy Jacquard
- Robert Helpmann - Dr. Roget
- Rod Mullinar - Ed Jacquard
- Bruce Barry - Dr. Brian Wright
- Julia Blake - Matron Cassidy