- SKU: 25432529
- Release Date: 01/01/2013
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Philo Vance, the infuriatingly brilliant amateur detective created by S. S. Van Dine, hadn't been seen on screen for seven years when PRC decided to launch a new "Philo Vance" series in 1947. William Wright plays the title role in the first entry, Philo Vance Returns, while Alan Curtis would take over the role for the remaining two films. This time around, Vance investigates the murder of a much-married playboy. With so many of the victim's former wives and sweethearts still around and about, Vance has quite a selection of suspects to choose from. Without revealing too much, it can be noted that the identity of the actual killer will probably startle fans of MGM's The Wizard of Oz (1939). Like Monogram's Charlie Chan films, Philo Vance Returns is topheavy with clever but somewhat pointless gimmickry, including a poisoned bubble bath. Older prints of this film still carry its TV-reissue title Infamous Crimes. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Will Wright - Philo Vance
- Terry Austin - Lorena Simms
- Leon Belasco - Alexis
- Clara Blandick - Stella Blendon
- Ramsay Ames - Virginia