- SKU: 18268038
- Release Date: 09/25/2007
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Susan Meiselas installs her photographs in teh places where they were originally taken 2004
- Susan Meiselas interviewed for Nicaraguan television 2002
- New York Film Festival press conference 1991
In 1978, new photographer Susan Meiselas just happened to be in the country of Nicaragua as the government of Anastasio Somoza was being overthrown and the nationalist and (mildly) socialist Sandanistas were assuming power. Some of the photos she took then were used for propaganda by both sides in the civil war that followed shortly thereafter. Ten years later, after years of counter-revolutionary civil war by U.S.-backed insurgents, the country reached something like an accommodation with all the factions involved, and here the photographer returns to interview those involved. It becomes clear that, no matter what the actual situation in the country was, the U.S. crudely acted in support of its perceived interests -- usually closely allied to commercial concerns. In addition, the unfortunate factions in Nicaragua's civil war became pawns in the Cold War between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. In this documentary, filmmakers have sought out exiles in the U.S. and Canada to get a fuller picture of the story. ~ Clarke Fountain, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Susan Meiselas