- SKU: 7534894
- Release Date: 01/10/2006
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Audio commentary by film historian Kenneth Geist
- Original theatrical trailer
- Closed Captioned
Elia Kazan directed this, one of Hollywood's early attacks on racism, starring Jeanne Crain as Patricia "Pinky" Johnson. Patricia is a light-skinned black woman who is studying nursing at a New England medical institute. A white doctor, Thomas Adams (William Lundigan), has fallen in love with Patricia and wants to marry her, but Patricia refuses his proposal. Convinced their interracial union would never work out, Patricia believes Thomas would never be able to endure the acrimony that would be heaped upon their marriage. Patricia leaves New England to return to her childhood home in the South, where her grandmother (Ethel Waters) works for rich widow Miss Em (Ethel Barrymore). When Miss Em takes ill, Patricia cares for her. Upon Miss Em's death, it is discovered that she has bequeathed her entire estate to Patricia. Miss Em's family disputes the will because Patricia is black, and a courtroom battle ensues over the estate. ~ Paul Brenner, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jeanne Crain - Patricia "Pinky" Johnson
- Ethel Barrymore - Miss Em
- Ethel Waters - Granny Dysey Johnson
- William Lundigan - Dr. Thomas Adams
- Basil Ruysdael - Judge Walker
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.