Port of Hate [DVD] 
- SKU: 28560311
- Release Date: 05/26/2015
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Metropolitan Pictures' Port of Hate was directed by one of the studio's two chief executives, Harry S. Webb (the other, Albert Ray, was presumably busy on the company's Bob Steele western series). The story takes place on a faraway island (probably nearby Catalina), where soldiers of fortune Bob (Kenneth Harlan) and Don (Carleton Young) have located a valuable bed of pearls. A secondary plotline involves heroine Jerry Gale (Polly Ann Young, sister of Loretta), who is innocently involved in a murder. One of the more important roles is essayed by oriental actor Shia Jung, who earned the film's best reviews. Also featured are such silent-film veterans as Monte Blue, Jimmy Aubrey and Reed Howes, all of them hampered by shoddy cinematography. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Polly Ann Young - Jerry Gale
- Kenneth Harlan - Bob Randall
- Carleton Young - Don Cameron
- Monte Blue - Hammond
- Frank LaRue - Bartley