Pride of the Clan [DVD] [English] 
- SKU: 19370763
- Release Date: 06/21/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
The title may have been designed to cash in on the success of Griffith's Birth of a Nation (wherein the Ku Klux Klan were the heroes!), but Maurice Tourneur's Pride of the Clan was set not in the American South but in Scotland. Mary Pickford plays the daughter of a Scottish seaman. When her dad is lost at sea, Pickford becomes the unofficial head of the family--e.g. the "pride of the clan." But her clan isn't quite good enough to suit the snooty parents of her boy friend Tom Moore (Pickford's real-life brother-in-law), who demand that the couple break up. It takes a disaster at sea to pave the way for a happy ending. Future silent star Leatrice Joy has a miniscule bit in this 7-reel Mary Pickford vehicle. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Warren Cook - Robert, Earl of Dunstable
- Joel Day - The Dominie
- Kathryn Browne Decker - The Countess of Dunstable
- Matt Moore - Jamie Campbell
- Mary Pickford - Merger MacTavish, the Pride of the Clan