- SKU: 4364814
- Release Date: 12/18/2001
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- "Princess of Thieves: The Adventure Behind the Adventure"
- Audio commentary with director Peter Hewitt
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound
- Full-screen (1.33:1)
- French and Spanish subtitles
Keira Knightley stars in this made-for-TV Disney adventure that puts a spin on an often-told story. The film picks up years after the "known" events of the Robin Hood myth, centering on Robin's daughter, Gwyn, played by Knightley. As Maid Marian has passed away and Robin Hood (Stuart Wilson) is perpetually away battling in the Crusades, Gwyn has lived much of her life alone. She has grown up to be a strong-willed young woman with a talent for archery, much like her father. Her only friend is the sweet but plain Froderick (Del Synnott), who clearly is in love with her. Upon the death of Richard the Lionhearted, her father returns to see that the proper man takes Richard's place as king of England. But Robin is quickly foiled and imprisoned by the villainous Sheriff of Nottingham (Malcolm McDowell) and Prince John (Jonathan Hyde). It is then up to Gwyn to save the day. She must complete Robin's mission to find and protect the young Prince Philip (Stephen Moyer), who has just returned from exile in France to claim the throne -- not an easy task since he has decided to forsake his true identity and is traveling anonymously. Though she does fortuitously cross paths with the prince, she is not aware of his identity for much of the film. A romantic spark budding between them, they must find the Merry Men and join forces to free her father from the tortures of the Tower of London before the evil Prince John ascends to the thrown and brings England to ruin. Princess of Thieves originally aired on March 11, 2001, as a part of the ABC anthology The Wonderful World of Disney. ~ Dana Rowader, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Keira Knightley - Gwyn
- Stephen Moyer - Prince Philip
- Del Synnott - Froderick
- Malcolm McDowell - Sheriff of Nottingham
- Stuart Wilson - Robin O'Locksley