Questions & Answers
- QuestioniTunes support? (10 Answers)
The guy at the Best Buy store said I could use chromecast audio with my iPad Mini and my MacBook Air. But I did some research at home and it looks like chromecast audio DOES NOT support iTunes, which is what I want to use it for. (I've loaded a bunch of my CDs into iTunes and want to play them through my amplifier.) Before I load any apps, I want to be sure chrome cast audio supports iTunes. Can anyone confirm that it does or does not support iTunes on an iPad Mini or MacBook Air?
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
He's right that it doesn't support iTunes -- but no problem. Download the free version of Google Play Music and it will grab all your iTunes library and load it into a Google cloud automatically. It will even grab new songs as you add them to iTunes. Then use the Play Music App on your Mini or Air to play your iTunes songs through Chromecast Audio. Works great. Nice interface too. The alternative is an App called Plex, which also works, but I like Play Music just fine.
- Questioncan i plug chromecast audio into my receivers RCA jacks using a converter plug to 3.5 mm? I currently have my phone playing through a video jack (11 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan I cast to 2 different receivers at the same time? (11 Answers)
I have 2 receivers- 1 in my bar/game room and 1 in the living room. I would love to be able to listen to the same thing throughout the house (yes they are on the same wireless network) if I hooked these up to both AUX ports in the receivers could I cast to both at the same time so I would have everything play throughout the house?
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
Now that Chromecast Audio has a "multi-room" feature, yes you can absolutely do this. Just open up the Chromecast app and create an "audio group", see https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6328691 for more. I did this in my house and it sounds great!
- QuestionIs the power cord just for charging the Chromecast device, or does it need to be plugged in for power to operate? (13 Answers)Answers
- QuestionStream to Original Chromecast and Chromecast Audio at the same time? (5 Answers)
I have a Chromecast plugged into my TV HDMI... If I buy a Chromecast Audio and plug it into a remote speaker will I be able to stream to both devices at the same time, or will I need to purchase a second Chromecast Audio for use with my sound bar???Answers
- QuestionSpotify (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionDoes this work well for vacations? We would want to connect to hotel or resort wifi and use with a portable speaker. Some places require login to access internet and smaller ones dont. (5 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat Chromecast Audio apps let you stream your own music for free? (10 Answers)Answers
- Questionwill this connect to a bose radio auxiliary input? (10 Answers)
- QuestionI wish to rip my CDs into hi-res audio (96KHz/24-bit). Is there a Chromecast-enabled hi-res media manager available? (10 Answers)Answers
CD audio is 44.1kHz/16-bit. If you rip it any higher you are just wasting disk space and not adding anything to the quality. The only way to get higher resolution audio than a CD is if the copyright holder decides to make it available in a format other than CD. This tends to be pretty rare and/or expensive. The only music store I know of for this is HDtracks.
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions