Questions & Answers
- QuestionDo I need a smart TV for the new version of the Chromecast? (11 Answers)
- Questionwhat exactly is chromecast (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWhat's the difference from the old version (10 Answers)Answers
The main difference is the more powerful speed that it operates over your home wifi. It now features the a/c wifi with dual band 2.5 and 5 gh. Also, the user interface is much more easy to search for media you care about and sorts it accordingly. It's increased speed and less buffering delays is huge. And although not 4K, it's display quality is much better or actual HD. . BUT be advised. Although today was "launch day" it is only available to pre-order through Google Store and Best Buy after Oct. 2nd. . Actual in store availability isn't until October 8th. .
- QuestionWill this one have Amazon prime (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill it work using a laptop? (10 Answers)Answers
- QuestionWill Chromecast work on my T V (11 Answers)
At the present time, I watch movies using Netflex with a hdmi cable between my laptop (using Wi-Fi) and the T V. If I were to install Chromecast, would I be able to just Wi-Fi from my router to my T V , and be able to omit the NDMI cable?
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
The Chromecast is like a dongle. One side is HDMI that plugs into your TV, the other side has a female micro USB port. The Chromecast comes with the USB cable, but you will have to power the Chromecast by plugging the other end of the USB cable into a wall charger block and into an outlet or if your TV has a USB port, that should be able to power it too.
- Questiondoes it stream WITHOUT the jumpiness the old one had? (11 Answers)Answers
- Questionis it compatible to stream Hulu (11 Answers)Answers
The Chromecast itself doesn't have pre installed or loaded apps. You use your tablet/phone to open your app and stream to the Chromecast. You just load Hulu on your phone or tablet, even through a chrome browser tab on your computer with the right extension. Then you hit the Cast button in the app, select the Chromecast to connect to and it will display on your tv. Just have to be on the same wifi network.
- QuestionMirroring? From Android To TV? (11 Answers)
How would I do this? Mirror your Android screen or Chrome browser. For apps that are not Cast-enabled, use your Android tablet to display exactly what's on your screen to the TV. You can also mirror your laptop's Chrome browser to the TV.
Closed to new AnswersAnswers
On Android: Install and open up the Chromecast App. Tap the Menu button (three horizontal lines in the Search menu at the top) Tap "Cast screen / audio" Tap device you want to mirror your screen on In Chrome: Install the Chromecast extension Click Chromecast extension icon in Chrome Click device you want to mirror browser on
- QuestionWill this allow you to cast in a hotel room that requires a log in page from a website? (11 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions