Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm [DVD] 
- SKU: 25006813
- Release Date: 03/25/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm was the first film version of the Kate Douglas Wiggin novel and play. Mary Pickford, 23 years old but looking at least ten years younger, stars as the spunky little girl who is left with her tight-lipped aunt Helen Jerome Eddy by her impoverished mother. It's an uphill battle, but Rebecca manages to spread a little sunshine around the staid New England community where her aunt resides. Her reward comes when she is "all grow'd up," at which time she falls in love with handsome Eugene O'Brien. Yes, we know that none of this happens in the 1938 Shirley Temple version. Remember, though, that Mary Pickford could play a little girl who grows up in the course of a single film, while Shirley was stuck at age 9, whether she liked it or not. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mary Pickford - Rebecca Randall
- Eugene O'Brien - Adam Ladd
- Helen Jerome Eddy - Hannah Randall
- Charles Ogle - Mr. Cobb
- Marjorie Daw - Emma Jane Perkins