- SKU: 19163495
- Release Date: 06/21/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Audio commentary with director Jack Hill from Manila with Love - new documentary on the makig of Big Doll House and The Big Bird Cage featuring interviews with director Jack Hill, screenwriter James Gordon White, actors Sid Haig, Judy Brown, Anitra Ford, Roberta Collins, Candice Roman and Teda Bracci, and producers Roger Corman and Jane Schaffer
- Trailer, tv spot and radio spot
- Women in Cages: Trailer ad tv spot
- The Big Bird Cage: Audio commentary with director Jack Hill
- Trailer and tv spot
In this exploitative women's prison drama, the "birds" in "the big bird cage" are, clearly, women. With the help of an outside revolutionary, the girls of at a rural prison stage an escape attempt. They have little to lose, as the prison is a site of incredible decadence and brutality. Only two of the covey of beautiful young women prisoners survive the attempt. ~ Clarke Fountain, Rovi
Women in Cages
In this prison melodrama set in a women's reformatory, a sadistic lesbian guard takes great pleasure in tormenting her inmates in the grim confines of "The Playpen." The film is called Women's Penitentiary III on video. ~ Sandra Brennan, Rovi
Big Doll House
Jack Hill directed this alternately brutal and campy look at desperate women behind bars. An American named Collier (Judy Brown) has been convicted of murder in the Philippines and is sentenced to a grim women's prison in the jungle, where a mysterious German woman, Miss Deitrich (Christiane Schmidtmer), is the warden, and her head guard, sadistic Lucian (Katheryn Loder), keeps her charges in line through intimidation and violence. Collier shares a cell with tough-talking bisexual prostitute Grear (Pam Grier), hard-boiled political prisoner Bodine (Pat Woodell), thick-skinned but good-humored Alcott (Roberta Collins), drug-addicted Harrad (Brooke Mills), and tight-lipped Ferina (Gina Stuart). Bodine's boyfriend is the leader of an underground revolutionary faction, and when she learns he and his comrades are in danger, she begins to plot an escape for herself and her cellmates, with travelling peddlers Harry (Sid Haig) and Fred (Jerry Frank) becoming her unwitting collaborators. Meanwhile, Lucian is stepping up her torture of the prisoners at the behest of a mysterious masked stranger, and Collier is determined to find out who is behind the systematic brutality. The Big Doll House was the first "Women In Prison" exploitation epic produced for Roger Corman's New World Pictures; it was a big hit on the dive-in and grind house circuit, and spawned dozens of imitations (which are still being produced today). By the way, that's Pam Grier singing the theme song! ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Vic Diaz - Rocco
- Wendy Green - Gertie
- Pam Grier - Blossom
- Anitra Ford - Terry
- Candy Roman - Carla