Saturday Night [DVD] 
- SKU: 25897524
- Release Date: 10/28/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Even with its share of sumptuous sets and domestic mixups, this comedy-drama was not typical for director Cecil B. DeMille. Plus, the class-conscious attitude reflected the attitudes of the pre-World War I era -- mores started changing during the 1920s. A young society couple, Iris Van Suydam (Leatrice Joy) and Dick Prentiss (Conrad Nagel), are engaged to be married. But when the Van Suydam chauffeur, Tom McGuire (Jack Mower), saves Iris when her car is stuck on a railroad track, she impulsively marries him. Likewise, Prentiss falls for Shamrock O'Day (Edith Roberts), the daugh ter of his family's laundress (Sylvia Ashton). The two couples, however, are woefully mismatched -- Prentiss can't cope with Shamrock's love for Coney Island and McGuire's Saturday night bathing ritual (the only night he scrubs down) gives Iris pause. A tenement fire breaks out in which Prentiss saves Iris and McGuire saves Shamrock and everyone realizes they are happier with those of their own class. The result is two divorces and two weddings. ~ Janiss Garza, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Leatrice Joy - Iris Van Suydam, Society Girl
- Conrad Nagel - Richard Wynbrook Prentiss, Her Fiance
- Edith Roberts - Shamrock O'Day
- Jack Mower - Tom McGuire
- Julia Faye - Elsie Prentiss