- SKU: 18940845
- Release Date: 02/22/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- The Wanton Countess, a rarely seen English-language version of the film
- The Making of "Senso," a new Documentary featuring Rotunno, Assistant Director Francesco Rosi, Costume Designer Piero Tosi, and Caterina D'Amico, daughter of Screenwriter Suso Cecchi D'Amico and Author of Life and Work of Luchino Visconti
- Viva Verdi, a new Documentary on Visconti, Senso, and Opera
- Visual Essay by Film Scholar Peter Cowie
- "Man of Three Worlds: Luchino Visconti," a 1966 BBC Program exploring Visconti's mastery of cinema, theater, and Opera Direction
- Plus: a Booklet featuring an essay by Filmmaker and Author Mark Rappaport and an excerpt from actor Farley Granger's Autobiography, Include Me Out
Italian director Luchino Visconti dishes up his usual blend of elegance and decadence in Senso. The international cast includes French film star Alida Valli as a Italian countess married to a Venetian nobleman, and English leading man Farley Granger as an Austrian military officer. The two are swept up in the Austrian empire's evacuation of Italy in 1866. Valli and Granger fall in love, but Valli ultimately realizes that the officer is interested only in her wealth and prestige, whereupon she gives him over to a firing squad. Visconti had wanted Ingrid Bergman and Marlon Brando for his leads, but when Bergman's husband Roberto Rossellini would not permit her to appear in the film, Brando also bowed out. Originally running 166 minutes, Senso was released in a radically cut version in the US in 1968, titled Summer Hurricane; yet another recut version popped up in England as The Wanton Contessa. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Alida Valli - Contessa Livia Serpieri
- Farley Granger - Lt. Franz Mahler
- Massimo Girotti - Marquis Roberto Ussoni
- Heinz Moog - Count Serpieri
- Rina Morelli - Laura