Helpful Apps for Moving
From finding a new home to packing all your belongings, there's a lot to do when you move. The following apps are designed to help you with everything from preparing for a move to what to do once all of the boxes are in your new home.
Before the Move
These apps will help when it's time to find a new home, put kitchenware in boxes, hire a moving company, or find gas stations along your moving route.
Find your new home
Whether you prefer a map-based search tool, or a list of available apartments and homes for sale, these apps can help in your search.
- Lovely Rent Apartments & Homes - Use map-based search to look for a new home, save your favorites and easily connect with landlords or leasing agents via e-mail or phone. Notifications ensure you never miss a listing.
- Real Estate by Zillow – Find homes for sale or apartments for rent, save your favorite finds, and customize notifications that let you know when a house price drops or a new listing appears in your preferred neighborhood.
These checklist and planner apps will help make your move seamless and more enjoyable.
- Moving Planner – Create multiple moving checklists preloaded with more than 210 items. Customize your own list, or let the app provide one for you. Share it via e-mail with family members so they can also help with packing.
- Sortly – Create and keep a visual inventory of every packed item.
- Home Move Pro – Use a complete planner to prepare for the move. Take written and audio notes, and save photos of items to stay organized during your move.
- Moving Guru – Find a moving company, add moving tasks to your calendar, get packing tips and more.
- My Move – Read reviews and view licensing on movers near you, estimate your moving costs, track tasks and keep notes.
Prepare for the move
Be ready for your moving adventure with apps to help you keep track of your packed items and find reliable movers to move them.
- Buddytruk – Take a photo of your item, whether it's a mattress, a recliner or anything else, and hire a local driver and truck to complete the task.
- MoveMatch – Calculate the weight and volume of your stuff, find a professional mover in the area and make a list of where each item should go in your new place.
- My Move – Find local movers and read reviews of their service, plus find helpful moving tips and guides. Take notes and keep them organized in one place.
Seek out the best travel routes and find up-to-date traffic information for a smooth journey to your new home.
- Waze Social GPS, Maps & Traffic – Community-based traffic and navigation information will help you explore your new area.
- Rush Hour – Stay updated on accidents and traffic jams to avoid prolonging your moving journey.
After the Move
Find what you need first, make a list of home improvements, or simply start decorating your new space.
Unpack with less stress
These apps keep track of everything you packed, so you can quickly find the TV remote and all those other critical items.
- TaskRabbit – Connect with neighbors ready to help with a variety of moving tasks, such as hauling a bed frame or boxes full of kitchenware. Name your price and errand, and TaskRabbit will find a qualified Tasker to complete the job.
- BrightNest – Maintain a customized to-do list for your home and learn about home improvement and better organization.
Decorate the way you want
These apps will help you create the perfect home by providing numerous decorating ideas.
- Shutterfly – Upload, view and share photos, then use your favorites to create unique home décor, create personalized moving announcements and more.
- Paint My Place – Take a photo of any room, then experiment with different color palettes before picking up a paintbrush.
- Houzz Interior Design Ideas – Find new ways to decorate by utilizing an enormous home design database full of ideas to inspire you.
- MagicPlan – Take photos of rooms and this app will measure the space, drawing floor plans that you can use to rearrange furniture until you get it just right.
Get to know the area
Find out more about your new community with social networking apps.
- Nextdoor – Forget the community corkboard — this social network app connects neighbors so they can easily share yard tools, help out with carpooling to soccer and more.
[Design: Available for iOS, Android, Windows]Available for: