- SKU: 7569972
- Release Date: 12/20/2005
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Commentary by Jim Kitses, fim historian and author of "Horizons West: Directing the Western From John Ford to Clint Eastwood"
- Excerpts from the documentary Budd Boetticher - An American original, featuring interviews with Quentin Tarantino, Robert Towne, Clint Eastwood, Taylor Hackford, Peter Bogdanovich and Gretchen Wayne. Also includes segments about John Wayne as a producer
- The John Wayne Stock company: Gail Russell
- Lone Pine
- Batjac trailer
- Original theatrical trailer
- Photo gallery
- Closed Captioned
Ben Stride (Randolph Scott, in a role originally slated for John Wayne) trudges stoically through the West, hunting down the seven men responsible for the murder of his wife in a Wells Fargo station holdup. As the film opens, we see him dispatching two of the miscreants during a driving rainstorm. Though the victims are deserving of their fate, the script is careful to detail the moral deterioration of Scott, who'd quit his sheriff's job to go on this unauthorized death hunt. Also turning up is Bill Master (Lee Marvin), not one of the bandits per se but actually a villain from Stride's past who happens upon the situation and sees a chance to make off with some loot. This film marked one of the few Randolph Scott/Budd Boetticher collaborations not released by Columbia Pictures. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Randolph Scott - Ben Stride
- Gail Russell - Annie Greer
- Lee Marvin - Bill Master
- Walter Reed - John Greer
- John Larch - Pate Bodeen