- SKU: 8742015
- Release Date: 04/22/2008
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Exclusive introduction by Turner Classic Movies host and film historian Robert Osborne
- Bonus cartoon - "She Done Him Right"
"I'm the finest woman who walked the streets," declares bejeweled, hip-swishing Lady Lou (Mae West) at the beginning of She Done Him Wrong. Lou works as a singer at the Gay Nineties saloon of Gus Jordan (Noah Beery Sr.), who plies her with diamonds to keep her by his side. She runs afoul of stalwart mission captain Cummings (Cary Grant), who warns her that she's on the road to perdition. Mae West's first starring film, She Done Him Wrong literally saved Paramount Pictures from bankruptcy. It would remain the best of her feature films, most of which were severely watered down by the Production Code (whose renewed stringency of 1933 was brought about in great part by West herself). She Done Him Wrong was based on West's own stage play, Diamond Lil, which ran on Broadway for 97 weeks. West sings "Frankie and Johnny," "I Like a Man Who Takes His Time," and ""I Wonder Where My Easy Rider's Gone."" ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Mae West - Lady Lou
- Cary Grant - Capt. Cummings
- Owen Moore - Chick Clark
- Gilbert Roland - Serge Stanieff
- Rafaela Ottiano - Russian Rita