Shell Shock/Battle of Blood Island [DVD]
- SKU: 6316578
- Release Date: 03/16/2004
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
- Digitally remastered
- Battle-scarred WWII trailers for: Armored Attack!, Blood of Bataan, The Cavern, The Devil's General, Ordered to Love, The Quick and the Dead, Steel Bayonet, and Verboten
- Soliders are taught not to talk -- especially when captured by the Nazis -- in the 32-minute "War Department Training Film" #1: "Information Please"
- The Pentagon psychoanalyzes the Japanese in the outrageously racist "War Department Orientation Film" #2: "Our Job in Japan"
- Singalong with Bing Crosby and the theatrical war-bond short #3: "We've Got Another Bond to Buy"
Short on action and slow in developing, this drama is set during World War II on a small island in the Pacific. Two GI's are holed up inside a cave, the only survivors of a failed offensive on the island. One day they witness a mass suicide among the Japanese soldiers who control the area, and so they realize that the war has ended. As they open up to each other, one of them loses his temper unexpectedly and bursts forth with an anti-Semitic tirade against his supposed buddy. That unexplained outburst mortifies him as much or more than it does his companion, and he takes a shocking punitive action against himself. Meanwhile, the two men need to be rescued soon because the island is scheduled for an atomic bomb test. ~ Eleanor Mannikka, Rovi
An emotionally scarred man is thrown into the heat of battle in this low-budget war drama set during World War II. Gil (Frank Leo) and Johnny (Carl Crow) are childhood friends who were raised together in an orphanage and have been as close as brothers ever since. Gil arranges to be sent to Italy to serve in the same outfit as Johnny, but while the two are happy to see one another, Gil can see that the rigors of battle have taken a toll on his buddy. Sgt. Rance (Beach Dickerson) is convinced Johnny is a coward who's faking his anxieties so he'll be shipped out of the danger zone. When Johnny snaps into a near catatonic state during a skirmish, Rance is still certain he's pulling a fast one no matter what the medical staff says, and after Johnny is confined to his tent for rest, Rance sends him back out against orders and his buddies are forced to go behind enemy lines to find him. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Richard Devon - Moe
- Ron Kennedy - Ken