Shrek the Third/Antz/Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron [With 6 Kung Fu Panda Pins] [3 Discs] [DVD]
- SKU: 16956448
- Release Date: 08/05/2008
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Artie's Yearbook
- Shrek's guide to parenthood
- Lost scenes
- Tech of Shrek
- Big Green Goofs
- Learn to Donkey Dance
- Shmash Ups: Make your own video!
- Merlin's Magic Crystal Ball
- Tournament games
- Spirit - Stallion of the Cimarron - Spirit's Make-a-movie studio: A DVD first! (DVD-ROM)
- Create your own movie using real backgrounds,
- characters, music and sound effects from the Film!
- Record your own narration and import your favorite photos to personalize your movie!
- DWK: DreamWorks Kids - This way to play!
- Learn to draw Spirit with a DreamWorks animator
- 15 interactive games and activities (DVD-ROM) & set-top features) including: Hillside Glide, Cimarron Slam, Wild West Word Wrangle, Lakota Decoder & Teepee Tees
- The Animation of Spirit: A fascinating look at the integration of Hand-Drawn 2-D and computer-generated 3-D animation
- The Songs of Spirit: Learn how Grammy Winner Bryan Adams and Academy Award Winning! Composer Hans Zimmer brought Spirit's story to life through music
- Filmmaker's Commentary
- Antz - Audio Commentary with Directors Tim Johnson and Eric Darnell
- Production featurette
- Basics of Computer Animation
- ANTZ facial system
- ANTZ character design
- Production notes
- Cast list & Director Bio
- Theatrical trailer
- Closed Captioned
Screenwriter John Fusco returns to the Western themes of his previous films Young Guns and Thunderheart with this animated children's adventure from Dreamworks. Matt Damon supplies the voice of Spirit, a wild Mustang stallion living free in the Old West of the late 19th century, where he's captured by human horse traders and sold to a cavalry regiment at a frontier outpost. There, a cruel colonel (voice of James Cromwell) nearly succeeds in breaking the willful horse, but not quite. Spirit escapes in the company of another captive, Little Creek (voice of Daniel Studi), a Native American youth that tries to possess the magnificent animal by more humane means, but Spirit refuses to bend to human will even when he makes the acquaintance of Little Creek's beautiful and fiercely loyal mare, Rain. After he saves Little Creek's life in an Army raid, Spirit believes that the gravely injured Rain has perished after a tumble over a waterfall. Despondent, the horse is captured again by humans, enslaved this time for work in a pack team on the transcontinental railroad. Undaunted by the tragedies that befall him, Spirit manages to escape for a reunion with Little Creek, Rain, and his long-lost brethren. Featuring songs by rock singer Bryan Adams, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron departs from other examples of its genre in that the horse protagonists do not speak or sing; only Spirit's voice is heard as voice-over narration. ~ Karl Williams, Rovi
Shrek the Third
Shrek and Fiona's (Mike Myers and Cameron Diaz, respectively) fairy-tale wedding has gone off without a hitch, yet just as the beaming newlyweds prepare to enjoy their blissful "happily ever after," the sudden death of King Harold (John Cleese) finds everyone's favorite ornery ogre being reluctantly fitted for the royal crown. Troubled to learn that not only will he be compelled to rule Far Far Away, but that he and Fiona are also expecting a little ogre, Shrek determines to track down his new bride's rebellious cousin, Artie (Justin Timberlake) -- the one true heir to the throne -- in order to focus on fatherhood without the added distraction of having to preside over the kingdom. As Shrek sets out with faithful companions Donkey (Eddie Murphy) and Puss in Boots (Antonio Banderas) to locate the medieval high-school slacker and bring him back to become the reigning sovereign of Far Far Away, handsome snake Prince Charming (Rupert Everett) slithers back to the castle in the company of the dreaded Captain Hook (Ian McShane) to stage a diabolically timed coup and assume control of the throne. Now, as Shrek, Donkey, and Puss in Boots do their best to wrangle up the feisty Artie, Fiona must enlist the aid of fighting princesses Snow White (Amy Poehler), Sleeping Beauty (Cheri Oteri), Rapunzel (Maya Rudolph), and Cinderella (Amy Sedaris) to barricade the castle and fend off Prince Charming's invading army of fairy-tale villains until her beloved husband can return with the cavalry to save the day. ~ Jason Buchanan, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Matt Damon - Spirit
- James Cromwell - The Colonel
- Chopper Bernet - Sgt. Adams
- Robert Cait - Jake
- Donald Fullilove - Train Pull Foreman