Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas/Road to El Dorado [P&S] [2 Discs] [DVD]
- SKU: 18845004
- Release Date: 11/30/2010
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Sinbad Legend Of The Seven Seas:
- Cyclops island - bonus adventure! you choose your favorite characters to follow as Sinbad and friends battle wild new monsters!
- Dreamworks kids - this way to play!
- Learn more about spike the dog
- Interactive games including: rat's 3-d tour of Sinbad's ship, Sinbad's sailing adventures, and save the 12 cities
- -plus, all your favorite gross-out scenes and monster moments!
- The making of Sinbad: legend of the seven seas
- Filmmakers commentary
- The Road to El Dorado:
- A hidden treasure of interactive fun: brain teasers, mazes, coloring pages, aztec arts and crafts, and more!
- Read-along adventures
- Interactive pc game demo
- Exclusive filmmakers' commentary
- Special Elton John music video
- Amazing behind-the-scenes featurette
- Production notes
- Cast & crew bios
- Closed Captioned
The legendary rogue of the seven seas confronts a new assortment of dangers and thrills in this animated action-adventure tale. Sinbad (voice of Brad Pitt) and his crews of pirate adventurers are hoping to retire to Fiji, and they discover a treasure that could make that possible -- the Book of Peace, which has kept the Twelve Cities in harmony for centuries. But Sinbad's plan to snatch the magic book is complicated when he learns it's on board a ship captained by his longtime friend Proteus (voice of Joseph Fiennes). While Sinbad still has his eye on the book, so does the mischievous goddess Eris (voice of Michelle Pfeifer), who sends a deadly sea monster into Sinbad's path to scuttle his plans. With the help of Proteus, Sinbad prevails over the beast, and determined Eris responds by snatching the book and framing Sinbad for the crime. Noble Proteus offers to step in for Sinbad and take his punishment, so now the adventurer has ten days to rescue the book from Eris or Proteus will pay with his life. While Sinbad is at first uncertain if he should take on such a dangerous assignment or simply high-tail it to Fiji, someone is on hand to persuade him -- Marina (voice of Catherine Zeta-Jones), Proteus' lovely but hard-headed fiancée, who has stowed away on Sinbad's ship. Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas was the first animated feature written by John Logan, who received an Oscar nomination for his script for Gladiator. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
The Road to El Dorado
Dreamworks SKG's second feature-length animated film blends comedy and drama in an unusual historical adventure. Two genial swindlers working as stable hands stow away with Cortez, the legendary Spanish conquistador, as he searches for El Dorado, the lost City of Gold. Luck smiles on the two con men, and they happen to find a settlement in Mexico that they believe is El Dorado; however, while the two exotic strangers are at first embraced by the Mayan people, they've also arrived just in time to be offered up as the next human sacrifice. The Road to El Dorado was directed by Don Paul, who helmed the first DreamWorks animated feature, The Prince of Egypt; Will Finn, a featured animator on Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin; Bibo Bergeron, who worked on Ferngully: The Last Rainforest; and David Silverman. It features new songs by Elton John and Tim Rice, and the voice cast includes Kevin Kline, Kenneth Branagh, Rosie Perez, Edward James Olmos, and Armand Assante. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Brad Pitt - Sinbad
- Catherine Zeta-Jones - Marina
- Michelle Pfeiffer - Eris
- Joseph Fiennes - Proteus
- Dennis Haysbert - Kale