- SKU: 20149979
- Release Date: 05/03/2012
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
"Ripped from today's headlines", RKO Radio's Smashing the Rackets was inspired by the career of colorful New York district attorney Thomas E. Dewey. Chester Morris plays the Dewey character, here rechristened Jim Conway. Starting out as a G-Man, Conway is appointed special prosecutor of a conveniently unnamed state, whereupon he declares war on such gangster types as Bruce Cabot and Ben Welden. But while the real Dewey ascended to the governor's chair, Jim Conway settles for a private law practice once his job is done. The talented but underused Frances Mercer provides the film's romantic interest. Smashing the Rackets was the first of several "exploitation" pictures produced by RKO's B-picture maven Lee Marcus; the next on the docket was Tarnished Angel, an "a clef" retelling of the Aimee Semple McPherson story. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Chester Morris - Jim Conway
- Frances Mercer - Susan Lane
- Bruce Cabot - Steve Lawrence
- Rita Johnson - Letty Lane
- Donald Douglas - Spaulding