- SKU: 19937014
- Release Date: 11/20/2011
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Adapted from the warhorse stage tearjerker by Jane Cowl and Jane Murfin, this 1941 film version of Smilin' Through is even hokier than two earlier movie adaptations, but it works beautifully thanks to the sensitive direction of Frank Borzage. Brian Aherne dominates the proceedings as the aged Sir John Carteret, who has lived in embittered seclusion since the tragic wedding-day death of his beloved fiancee Moonyean Clare. Upon the outbreak of WW2, Cateret's estate is visited by his orphaned American niece Kathleen (Jeanette MacDonald), who is the living image of the late Moonyean. Finding a new lease on life, Sir John hopes against hope to avert the romantic disasters of his past, but this proves difficult when it appears that the deadly rivalries which cost the life of Moonyean are poised to avail themselves once more. Costarring in the dual role of Moonyean's ex-lover Jeremy and Kathleen's current beau Kenneth is Gene Raymond, soon to become the husband of Jeanette MacDonald. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Jeanette MacDonald - Moonyean Clare
- Brian Aherne - Sir John Carteret
- Gene Raymond - Kenneth Wayne
- Ian Hunter - Rev. Owen Harding
- Frances Robinson - Ellen