- SKU: 25179501
- Release Date: 07/01/2014
Best Buy is dedicated to always offering the best value to our customers. We will match the price, at the time of purchase, on a Price Match Guarantee product if you find the same item at a lower price at a Designated Major Online Retailer or at a local retail competitor's store.Here's how:
- If you find a qualifying lower price online, call 1-888-BEST BUY and direct a customer service agent to the web site with the lower price, or when visiting a Best Buy store, one of our employees will assist you.
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Exclusions apply including, but not limited to, Competitors' service prices, special daily or hourly sales, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See the list of Designated Major Online Retailers and full details.
Radio humorist Henry Morgan made his film debut in So This is New York. Based on The Big Town, a collection of stories by Ring Lardner, the film traces country bumpkin Morgan's progress as he uses an inheritance to take a trip with his wife (Virginia Grey) and sister-in-law (Dona Drake) to the New York of the 1910s. He encounters numerous oddball characters, the most colorful of which is a drunken jockey (Leo Gorcey). The boxer and at least four other Broadwayites (Hugh Herbert, Rudy Vallee, Bill Goodwin and Jerome Cowan) complicate Morgan's life when they court his wife's sister--most of them hoping for a slice of that inheritance. The movies were not the ideal medium for the satiric barbs of Henry Morgan, though he plays his role well and carries the film with assurance. In addition to being Morgan's first picture, So This is New York was also the maiden voyage for producer Stanley Kramer. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Henry Morgan - Ernie Finch
- Rudy Vallee - Herbert Daley
- Bill Goodwin - Jimmy Ralston
- Leo Gorcey - Sid Mercer
- Virginia Grey - Ella Finch