- SKU: 2821106
- Release Date: 05/24/2011
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
Ratings & Reviews
- Audio commentary by Andrei Tarkovsky scholars vida Johnson and Graham Petrie
- Nine deleted and alternate scenes
- Video interviews with actress Natalya Bondarchuk, cinematographer Vadim Yusov, art director Mikhail Romadin, and composer Eduard Artemyev
- Excerpt from a documentary about Stanislaw Lem, the author of the film's source novel
- A booklet featuring an essay by critic Phillip Lopate and an appreciation by director Akira Kurosawa
Based on a novel by Stanislaw Lem, Solaris centers on widowed psychologist Kris Kelvin (Donata Banionis), who is sent to a space station orbiting a water-dominated planet called Solaris to investigate the mysterious death of a doctor, as well as the mental problems plaguing the dwindling number of cosmonauts on the station. Finding the remaining crew to be behaving oddly and aloof, Kelvin is more than surprised when he meets his seven-years-dead wife Khari (Natalya Bondarchuk) on the station. It quickly becomes apparent that Solaris possesses something that brings out repressed memories and obsessions within the cosmonauts on the space station, leaving Kelvin to question his perception of reality. Winner of the Grand Jury Prize at the 1972 Cannes Film Festival, Solaris was remade by Steven Soderbergh in 2002. ~ Matthew Tobey, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Natalya Bondarchuk - Khari
- Jüri Järvet - Snauth
- Donatas Banionis - Kris Kelvin
- Anatoli Solonitsin - Sartorius
- Vladislav Dvorzhetsky - Burton
0 out of 1 found this review helpful.
0 out of 0 found this review helpful.