- SKU: 4622091
- Release Date: 05/14/2002
- On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify the current price to complete the price match.
- Cast bios
- Behind-the-scenes featurette
- Bonus interview with Stan Lee's wife, Joan
- Bonus story about the never released "Fantastic Four" movie
- Stan recites his original poem "God Woke"
- Rare Stan Lee home movie footage
The two-part Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters, and Marvels is basically an intimate discussion with filmmaker Kevin Smith interviewing legendary artist Stan Lee about the last 40 years of Marvel comics. Released on video a few days before the feature-length Spider-Man movie hit theatres, this documentary from Columbia TriStar Home Video investigates the history of the famous web-slinger as well as other Marvel superheroes. In the part one, "Creating Spider-Man," Stan Lee talks about getting the original idea, collaborating with Steve Ditko, developing side characters, and the eventual TV and film adaptations. Part two, "Here Come the Heroes," explores his other creations, including the birth of the Fantastic Four, the Incredible Hulk, and the X-Men. Both parts are presented in a widescreen transfer with Dolby Digital Stereo sound. This disc includes Stan Lee's original poem God Woke, and a previously unreleased Fantastic Four short. Extra features include a two-minute behind-the-scenes featurette; an interview with the artist's wife, Joan Lee; and home movie footage. ~ Andrea LeVasseur, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Stan Lee
- Kevin Smith